Shoshit Seva Sangh Newsletter 2017 -18 (April – September, 2017)
The last newsletter on Shoshit Seva Sangh was sent in December 2009 and since then some important developments have taken place which I would like to mention briefly without taking much of your time.
- With the addition of 50 more students mostly in pre-school and class one the number of students at the school is now 204. The new children at the school are getting adjusted to the new environment. They have to be introduced to basic hygiene and use of toilet. More than 52 items are issued to each child including books, clothes, toiletries, bedding, personal utensils, shoes etc.
- Three more teachers have been recruited, one each for science, English and social studies. All of them have done their schooling in English medium schools and have an excellent academic record. With this we have 12 teachers in the faculty and a student-teacher ratio of 1:17. We have only four students in class IX and in all we have 9 classes from pre-school to class IX.
- The major development of the quarter was purchase of nearly 1 acre of land at a cost of approximately Rs. 1 crore (INR 10 million) including development charges for the proposed school building. We have also signed an agreement with the landlord for which an advance has been paid for the purchase of approximately 1 acre of land adjacent to the land already acquired during the next financial year i.e. 2010-11. With this we shall be able to meet the CBSE stipulation for affiliation which requires ownership of 2 acres of land by the school.
- We hope to construct the school building by 2013. The estimated expenditure on the entire project including land is around Rs. 5 crores (INR 50 million). The school will have all the necessary facilities with the potential to accommodate 800-1000 children eventually. The capacity of the school will be expanded gradually depending on the requirement and finances.
- We have redesigned and updated our website www.sssfoundation.org